Enforcement of Orders

After you have obtained a final Court Order in your matter, you may need to take further steps to enforce it. This will likely not apply in the instance of child support or spousal support Court Orders as these Orders as typically automatically enforced through the Family Responsibility Office.

In the event you are owed money on an equalization payment or property settlement, you may need to seek a “write of seizure and sale” to enforce the amount owed to you. This is a process to enforce your Court Order and the money owed to you.

If you have a Court Order and the other party is not following the custody and access terms of that Court Order, you can consider bringing a Contempt Motion against the party who is not obeying the Order. If the other party is found to be in contempt, they may face a fine or imprisonment.

To discuss your matter, please call 905-720-0777.

Let us know how we can help you!

Shopping Basket